Please find a short overview of Making Waves media coverage below (mostly in Dutch).
- ‘Ik noem Nederland vaak als voorbeeld hoe het moet’ (AD/Algemeen Dagblad, 07-9)
- Denk groot, begin klein, maar begin wel (Materieel gezien 07)
- Antibiotic alternative Micreos wins Most Impactful Innovation (PRNewswire, 12-09)
- Innovatiefeest op Afsluitdijk krijgt bijzondere wending (cobouw.nl, 08-9)
- Kritische Kofi Annan op de Afsluitdijk (frieschdagblad.nl, 08-9)
- Onheil het hoofd bieden met technische innovaties (haarlemsdagblad.nl, 07-9)
- Kofi Annan luidt alarmbel op milieuconferentie Afsluitdijk (haarlemsdagblad.nl, 07-9)
- Kofi Annan eregast op milieucongres Afsluitdijk (haarlemsdagblad.nl, 08-9)
- Kofi Annan bij de Afsluitdijk: ‘De uitdagingen zijn enorm’ (+video) (lc.nl, 07-9)
- Kofi Annan bij de Afsluitdijk: ‘De uitdagingen zijn enorm’ (lc.nl, 07-9)
- Hoge golven vanaf de Afsluitdijk (cobouw.nl, 07-9)
Radio and TV:
- Minister Schultz heette deze week Annan welkom (NPO 1, 10-9)
- Water envoy Henk Ovink in Nieuwsuur (from 20min30sec) (NPO, 08-09)
- Minister Schultz and water envoy Ovink on RTL Late Night (RTL, 06-07)
During Making Waves seventeen innovations battled to represent the Netherlands at the semi-final of Ideas from Europe. The difficult task to choose one of them was in the hands of the Making Waves jury. Besides one winner, four runners-up were invited to the semi-final to broaden their international network. A worldwide audience of 1500 voters chose one innovation for the Making Waves Public award.
Jury chooses Micreos
Micreos, a company that produces an alternative to antibiotics under the same name, was selected by the jury as the winner of the Making Waves event and Dutch representative for Ideas from Europe. The jury spoke highly of its simple applicability.
Public award goes to Rain(a)way
A worldwide audience of nearly 1500 voters chose Rain(a)way for the Making Waves public award. Rain(a)way, a paving in which rainwater is visibly integrated, shows the natural beauty of water and addresses the rainwater problem.
Invitation for the Ideas from Europe semi-final
Four innovations received invitations for the semi-final of Ideas from Europe in Estonia in 2018: Slow Mill, Bluerise, aQuista and Villagepump. These innovators have the opportunity to travel to Estonia and broaden their international network and bring their innovations forward.
#MakingWavesNL was all about Making Deals: throughout the day deals were made on and offline. Find a selection of the deals that were photographed by LEF and Studio Moio here. We call on everyone to follow up soon and really make it happen!
Trying to memorize that fantastic quote from one of our keynote speakers today? You can find them online here by clicking the links:
- From The Hague CS to the venue. Bus is ready at 7:45am, departs at 8am from the touringcar stop at the busplatform
- From Amsterdam CS to the venue. Bus is ready at 8:15am, departs at 8:30am from the touringcar stop at Hotel Barbizon
Busses back to The Hague and Amsterdam will depart from the venue at 6pm. Busses will be ready 15 minutes before departure time. Make sure you’re on time, at least 15 minutes before departure.
Van Heugten Tours is our operator. The busses from van Heugten Tours have a white color. In case you have any questions on the busses, please contact mrs Sies (van Heugten Tours) on +316-19710197.
In case you’ve missed the bus, you can take public transportation to busstation Den Oever and the special busservice to the venue from there.
During the Making Waves event seventeen innovations will compete to become the Dutch representative in the Ideas from Europe semi-final in Estonia. The innovations pitch their idea on stage and a professional jury selects the winner. Making Waves proudly presents the jury:
Kajsa Ollongren (chair) – City Counsel Member and deputy mayor of Amsterdam
Jim Stolze (secretary) – innovation expert and founder of TEDxAmsterdam
Marjolein Helder – founder of innovation Plant-e, generating electricity from plants
Peter Frans Pauwels – co-founder of the Dutch navigation company TomTom NV.
Pieter Waasdorp – Ideas from Europe initiator and director of entrepreneurship at the Ministry of Economic Affairs
Henk Ovink – Special Envoy for International Water Affairs at Kingdom of the Netherlands
Making Waves wishes the jury good luck with the nearly impossible task of selecting the winning innovation!
As you might have noticed, the Making Waves website has a brand new design! Check out all innovations on stage and in the acceleration sessions in the Innovation section, take a look at the Making Waves trailer video and get a sneak peek on the events location at the Afsluitdijk. The full program will be online soon. Stay tuned on Twitter @makingwavesNL.
Share and connect ideas during two interactive sessions on stage at the Making Waves Event! How does innovating with local communities look like and what are the challenges? And in what ways can we use waste water to provide fresh water, bioplastic, construction materials or protein? The interactive sessions are live on stage in the afternoon. Register for Making Waves to secure your seat → Or read more about the interactive sessions →