Please find a short overview of Making Waves media coverage below (mostly in Dutch).
- ‘Ik noem Nederland vaak als voorbeeld hoe het moet’ (AD/Algemeen Dagblad, 07-9)
- Denk groot, begin klein, maar begin wel (Materieel gezien 07)
- Antibiotic alternative Micreos wins Most Impactful Innovation (PRNewswire, 12-09)
- Innovatiefeest op Afsluitdijk krijgt bijzondere wending (cobouw.nl, 08-9)
- Kritische Kofi Annan op de Afsluitdijk (frieschdagblad.nl, 08-9)
- Onheil het hoofd bieden met technische innovaties (haarlemsdagblad.nl, 07-9)
- Kofi Annan luidt alarmbel op milieuconferentie Afsluitdijk (haarlemsdagblad.nl, 07-9)
- Kofi Annan eregast op milieucongres Afsluitdijk (haarlemsdagblad.nl, 08-9)
- Kofi Annan bij de Afsluitdijk: ‘De uitdagingen zijn enorm’ (+video) (lc.nl, 07-9)
- Kofi Annan bij de Afsluitdijk: ‘De uitdagingen zijn enorm’ (lc.nl, 07-9)
- Hoge golven vanaf de Afsluitdijk (cobouw.nl, 07-9)
Radio and TV:
- Minister Schultz heette deze week Annan welkom (NPO 1, 10-9)
- Water envoy Henk Ovink in Nieuwsuur (from 20min30sec) (NPO, 08-09)
- Minister Schultz and water envoy Ovink on RTL Late Night (RTL, 06-07)
During Making Waves seventeen innovations battled to represent the Netherlands at the semi-final of Ideas from Europe. The difficult task to choose one of them was in the hands of the Making Waves jury. Besides one winner, four runners-up were invited to the semi-final to broaden their international network. A worldwide audience of 1500 voters chose one innovation for the Making Waves Public award.
Jury chooses Micreos
Micreos, a company that produces an alternative to antibiotics under the same name, was selected by the jury as the winner of the Making Waves event and Dutch representative for Ideas from Europe. The jury spoke highly of its simple applicability.
Public award goes to Rain(a)way
A worldwide audience of nearly 1500 voters chose Rain(a)way for the Making Waves public award. Rain(a)way, a paving in which rainwater is visibly integrated, shows the natural beauty of water and addresses the rainwater problem.
Invitation for the Ideas from Europe semi-final
Four innovations received invitations for the semi-final of Ideas from Europe in Estonia in 2018: Slow Mill, Bluerise, aQuista and Villagepump. These innovators have the opportunity to travel to Estonia and broaden their international network and bring their innovations forward.
#MakingWavesNL was all about Making Deals: throughout the day deals were made on and offline, during the show, in special sessions on innnovation dilemma’s and one on one meetings. Find a selection of the deals that were photographed by LEF and Studio Moio here.